Your homework be graded on the appearance (if applicable) and quality of these items:
- Find/Given - what are you supposed to find, and what have you been given?
- Sketch - try to visualize the problem.
- Relevant equations - identify what basic equations might be of some help.
- Symbolic solution - without using numbers, algebraically find the desired quantity in terms of given quantities.
- Numeric solution - if given, plug in any numbers given.
- Double check - using dimensional analysis, order-of-magnitude estimation, for example, see if your answer makes sense. In some cases, you might just solve the problem by a completely different technique.