I have not decided what I would prefer to do on Dec 3 myself yet, but as promised I'm open to any (reasonable and physics-related) suggestions for topics. Anything at least tangentially-related to the material we've covered I'm willing to give a lecture on. You can email your suggestions, or leave comments here, but just about anything goes. I will indicate if I think the topic you suggest is inappropriate or too detailed to explain clearly in one class.
My own suggestions, in no particular order:
- more on transistors & semiconductor electronics
- information storage technologies (hard disks, ram, flash, etc.)
- two-level systems & resonance
- applications of particle statistics (chemical kinetics, diffusion, etc)
- crystals, geometry, & diffraction
- magnetic materials