- You attend the lecture.
- You write me 1 page (8.5x11 in paper, 1.5 inch margins, 12pt font, single spaced) covering
Do this, and I give you as much as +2% on your overall grade at the end of the semester, depending on quality of your writeup.*
- One new thing you learned from the lecture
- One way the lecture tied in to PH253
- One way the lecture tied in to your major/field of study
- One way the lecture tied in to everyday life
To give you an idea of what 2% means:
- There will be about 10 HW sets. Each is worth about 1% of your grade. This is 2 free HW sets. Typing up a single page should take a minuscule amount of time compared to my HW sets :-)
- Each exam is 30% of your grade, each question on the exam about 6%. This is like adding 3 points to your lowest exam question.
The speaker has a very good blog here, and a highly entertaining and interesting book you might check out.
*If you are a non-native English speaker, this will be taken into account. English grammar and spelling is very silly.