- Understand how to find the equilibrium spacing, given a potential U(r). Remember how to find the maximum force?
- Understand how a set of spectral lines splits in a magnetic field (HW8 #2).
- Choose your problems carefully! Some are traps, to be safely sprung only by the most mathematically adept ... (that is, some problems are very tedious unless you are a math savant).
- You did quite a bit of work with hydrogen wave functions. Remember it.
- HW5 #7: all physicists love the harmonic oscillator to a fault. You will see it in every PH course, this one included.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
PH253: Last-minute cramming
Anyone who told you last-minute studying is not helpful never tried it. (A good night's sleep is still good, when you can get it.)